NGO Management Workshop
NGO MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
Conducted by Prof. Bodhidharma Dipankar
14 th May to 17 th May at Manuski Centre , Pune
This workshop for 10 alumni looked at the how to start an NGO and the questions that go with that, such as:
- How to run it effectively?
- How to ensure society participation?
- How to work for the upliftment of the most discriminated.
- How to increase awareness, deal with atrocities, and human rights issues.
- Funding for the activities, to write project proposals
Five Buddhist principles helpful in running NGOs were discussed
- Define the goal
- Follow the principle of cause and effect
- Compassion- solve problems of those in need
- Impermanence – adapting to the changing world
- Ethics – respect yourself, your team and the beneficiaries .